"If we continue to date according to the system as it exists today, we'll more than likely swerve in to trouble. Good intentions aren't enough....many...couples today...founded their relationship on our cultures's defective attitude and patterns for romance. Unfortunately, even in their adulthood they continue o reap the consequences.
According to the book, the following seven habits of highly defective dating are some of the "swerves" dating relationships often make:
- Dating tends to skip the friendship stage of a relationship.
- Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.
- Dating often isolates a couple from other vital relationships.
- Dating can distract young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future, like developing their God-given abilities and skills.
- Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness.
- Dating can create and artificial environment for evaluating another person's character.
- Dating often becomes and end in itself (no marriage in mind or planned).
Dating is supposed to be the bridge between friendship and marriage, the author says. The couple need to move on. The bridge isn't a destination. It's the road to the destination--marriage. The couple must start with friendship and pass through dating to get to marriage.
Men, if you don't plan to marry your partner, what are you dating for? Are you using her to satisfy your wants and/or needs? Or are you a COWARD!!
Women, if your partner doesn't intend to marry you, BUWAGA INTAWN!!! He's either being selfish or a coward. He might be using you to satisfy his desire, or he might be timid and scared, and has no plan to marry you. Why date him...